Digital artist Tim Wakefield creates dazzling sound artworks of iconic songs for his company Soundwaves Art.
The Creative Process
* Using audio technology, Tim captures the digital beat of a musical track as a visual recording – an energetic, multi-coloured image totally unique to the song.
* He listens to the music, the lyrics and the tempo of before capturing the song as a "static" soundwave.
* Manipulated and recoloured, each one is transferred in vibrant, startling glory to a large canvas.
* More than 100 musicians, including Abba, Sir Paul McCartney, Slash, Eric Clapton and The Killers, have chosen a track for Tim to interpret as a soundwave.
* Each of them has added a handwritten lyric and personal signature to the final artworks.
Profits to Charity
For every piece sold, a proportion of the profits are donated to charity. Soundwaves Art’s first collection raised money for the Nordoff-Robbins Music
Therapy, and the company is now working with
The Gibson Foundation.